I feel like I'm about to say "So long, dearie" to the world. My worst fears are coming true: James naps from about 10 to 12 or 12:30, Annie goes down at 1 or 1:30, and James naps again sometime between 2 and 4. I will never see anyone again!!! I will never shop, visit teach, go to music time, play at a park, or leave my house again! And I will never have a free minute to myself again!
I know I'm being dramatic, but I just can't figure out a good napping schedule. Are there any suggestions out there from moms who have had one child on a 2 nap schedule and another child on a 1 nap schedule?
Despite these worries, isn't this the cutest picture in the world? James is learning to sit all by himself for 3 to 5 minutes at a time. :)
(I have a friend who used to make a lot of her posts song titles and make people guess the song. Does anyone know the song of this title?)
5 comments:
Oh I have struggled with this. I usually tried to get the baby to nap from 9-11am (and sometimes I'd wake him up at 11 so he would be ready for an afternoon nap), we'd "get out" between 11 and 1:30-2ish, and then they'd both go down around 1:30 or 2. It made lunch a little bit of a struggle but we just usually ate later and dealt with that so we could at least have some freedom. Getting out on most days helps everyone's sanity :) Good luck!
The good and bad news is that neither one of their current nap schedules will last for very long. Will James nap in his carseat? I often do errands with Natalie asleep in her carseat.
Love that photo! He's such a handsome little guy! Is it weird that I really can't remember how I handled multiple nap schedules? I do know I got them to nap together at one point during the day and I highly recommend that. Mommy needs a quiet time! :) Josh and Aaron don't nap anymore, but now Caleb needs a regular nap schedule and it's cramping my style!
the title is from hello dolly of course! if you figure out the schedule let me know, considering michael doesnt nap and i just have 1 i might not need to worry...
MaryAnne! I'm so glad I found your blog through Emily's! Reading some of your below posts is just what I needed today. These last few days have been really exhausting for me with my own 2 year old leaving me feeling really discouraged and like the worst mom ever. So its nice to know that other moms have difficult times too. Thanks for sharing and I'm glad I can now know what you're up to! (This is Kim Campbell by the way)
Post a Comment