I noticed on this excursion that several of the state parks here have very similar landscapes. There are gorges with sedimentary rock (I think - it's layered at least) with trees all around. It's really beautiful.
Stony Brook was really fun too because the brook was tame enough that we could let Annie walk in the water for a lot of it. She LOVED it! We had so much fun exploring together. I loved seeing her delight in discovering our world. We found several tadpoles and chased them, and then we saw a stranded caterpillar on a rock in the middle of the brook. We rescued it by getting it to crawl on a leaf and putting it on the ground. Annie thought it was great! James loved it too. He likes nothing better than being close to one of his parents in the Bjorn and facing out so that he can see the world. I feel so grateful to have such great kids!
Photo dump time:
No comments:
Post a Comment