Monday, August 15, 2011

little things


Since my last post was so negative, I feel I owe it to my children to document a day where they made me so happy. I felt like both of them were full of cute things all day.

Annie and I played outside together for a long time. In a rare moment for a Whipple Park playground, there were no other kids on the playground, so it was just us. She loved playing with just me. It was really fun. She would poke her head through little holes and tell me she could see me. She invited me to "visit" her in "rocking chair swing". We ate a LOT of pretend chocolate chips. Probably my two favorite parts of the day with her were when she played with the spices and with the pens. She got out a whole bunch of spices and then had one spice say to the other spice, "Are you going to be a nice sharing girl today? You're such a good sharing girl!" And then with the pens she had a similar conversation where one pen said to the other, "Can you play so nicely with your friends? We don't hit our friends." It was cracking me up.

James was also so cute today! He had a great nap and woke up so pleasant. Tonight after Annie was asleep, I put him on the floor next to me to roll around. I was feeling so tired, so I was hoping he'd play contentedly by himself. However, about one minute later I opened my eyes and there he was RIGHT next to my face with the biggest grin on his face. He looked like he'd just won the Price is Right Showcase because he'd made it all the way over to me. I played with him for a little while and he laughed and laughed. I think he is going to need Brad to roughhouse with him a lot as he gets older - he already loves physical play. He thinks it's the funniest thing in the world when I pull a shirt over his head and it gets stuck. He loves being tickled. He likes to roll around on the floor. Also, he's learning to sit up. He can sit by himself for very short amounts of time already. It's pretty cute. He's also making lots of crawling type motions with his legs, which makes me nervous. I love the sitting stage; crawling is not my favorite.

I love my kids! I think they are the best kids in the world!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

what cute kids! Fyi Mikey has the same bumbo and the same outfit that James is wearing in the photo, i guess that's what happens when you shop at target/walmart.