Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Welcome Baby James!

Today, at 2:35 PM, James Stephen Hunter came into the world, weighing 8 lbs. 2 oz. and measuring at 20 inches. MaryAnne was as perky as could be throughout the whole process. The nurse who admitted her loved her so much that she pulled rank and gave the charge nurse duties to someone else so that she could be MaryAnne's nurse. From induction to delivery, it was only 4 hours, which made all of us feel very lucky to be so quick! James has a surprising shock of red hair and we are excited and proud parents.

MaryAnne's mom took the red eye last night and walked into the hospital room just a few minutes before MaryAnne said she was ready to deliver the baby. We were so glad that she could be there for the birth and are also very glad that have her here to help us with Annie for the next week. Mothers are wonderful. We were also glad that we were able to have MaryAnne's OB there for the birth. He has been incredible to work with and he is a model for how physicians should treat their patients.

Annie was super cute when she came to visit and kept saying "Hi, baby James!" She wanted to show us how soft she could be with the baby and she was very gentle with him. We'll see how long it takes for the sibling rivalry to develop.

And now, what you all read this post to see: The Pictures!














21 comments:

eden said...

so cute and so wonderful. congratulations!

Traci M said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him! Let me know if you need help with anything.

Katie and Eric said...

OH....so cute!!! I love him already. I can't wait to see him in person later today. I am so glad everything went so smooth. Great work!

Rosemary T said...

Congratulations! Love the RED hair!! Glad to see that mom and baby are both doing well (and dad too).

Unknown said...

MaryAnne! I was leaving you a message at about 2:30 yesterday saying that I hoped you weren't answering because you were having the baby, and you were!! Congratulations! I can't believe his red hair, so fun. Let's be in touch and hopefully I'll have news to share soon! love you guys!

Celeste said...

Oh my word, that is one adorable little baby! I'm using all the willpower in me to not knock on your door so I can hold him. But I will not be selfish--I will display some self-control and give you some family/recovery time. But do hope to see him soon :?). Congrats!

Bonnie said...

Congrats MaryAnne and family!! I'm super excited for you all! YAY!

Ashley said...

MaryAnne wasnt kidding when she said he had red hair. He is so cute, and MaryAnne you look way to together in these pictures considering you just had a baby! Congratulations, cant wait to meet the little guy!

Kira said...

Congrats Hunters!!! He is perfect and I can't wait to hold him :)

{lindy baker cakes} said...

MaryAnne,

You are just as beautiful as ever. Your new little guy is darling. Congratulations!

Gary and Sara said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for y'all! He is adorable! Love your blog too!

Rachel said...

Congratulations MaryAnne! He is a handsome little guy!

PatrickandErica said...

Sweet baby James - I love it! Good luck with 2!! It's 99% great... ;)

Bethany said...

Sweet baby James!! Congratulations!!! :) Love you guys!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS......another beautiful baby brought into this world by two wonderful people. he is perfect and we are soooo happy for you. thanks for the posts and pictures. keep them coming. blessings to your sweet family. xoxo

Erin said...

Congratulations! I love the name!

Camille said...

Yay! Congratulations you guys! We're so excited for your family and the new little addition. I'm just glad MaryAnne didn't have her biostats notes with her this time. :)

Unknown said...

Yay! We share a birthday! I like James already! Congratulations!

The Reichmans said...

Congrats!!! We are so happy for you guys!

Gwen said...

Congratulations Brad and MaryAnne! What a cute little guy!

McGuire's said...

4 hours!! Way to go! Congrats, that is so exciting he is here. Glad your mom made it and she is with you. That is the best.