I have a confession that may make me a bad mother: I don't usually think my babies are the cutest things in the world when I'm in the hospital. I LOVE them, don't misunderstand me, but I don't always think they are the cutest. In fact, when I had Annie my mom was out of town. When she came home, she said, "You didn't tell me how beautiful she is!" Well, that's because I didn't necessarily think she was beautiful. (I was wrong - see this post to remember how beautiful she was.) However, just around the time I bring them home from the hospital I start thinking they are the cutest things to hit the planet. I asked Brad yesterday if he thought that James had become so much in the last couple of days, and he told me he was pretty sure James looked about the same as he had in the hospital. I guess I was just blind.
I am now totally enamored with my little James. He is the SWEETEST baby! The last three nights he has only gotten up twice to eat. He is generally quite calm when he is awake. He's content to just look around and be pleasant. He's VERY patient with his older sister's love. He's just such a good baby.
Just as an update, I took him in for a check-up this week and he's already gained back his birth weight. He is a fantastic eater!
Check out this picture from today. How could I ever not have recognized how cute he is?
2 comments:
I know how you didn't see how cute he is. You're exhausted from having a baby! He is very cute though! I love him to pieces!
he is beautiful, and so is annie. every mother reacts differently when their baby is first born and some take some time to FULLY fall in love. no worries maryanne, you are just human. enjoy your amazing family. xoxo
Post a Comment