In what seems to be fortuitous timing, Brad is on spring break this week. When we realized the break would hit right after we had a baby, we were a little bummed because that meant we couldn't go anywhere. However, it has been SO nice to have Brad around! It's made this transition to parenting 2 children so much easier. I had about 2 and 1/2 days between when my mom left (I haven't given my dad and her a shout out - they were SO helpful when they were here!!! BIG thanks to them!) and Brad finished his final where I was doing it all on my own. Let's just say those days made me wonder if I will ever master mothering 2 at a time.
Last night as a gift to me, Brad spoiled me with one of the most gourmet meals of my life. He was so cute about it! He told me to take Annie outside (yay for getting out of the house and for good weather!) and he would stay inside with James and "gourmet it up". He picked out a couple of recipes from our Williams Sonoma Savoring France and Savoring Mexico cookbooks and went to town. He made Cornish game hens with an apricot balsamic glaze, stuffed with apricots, figs, and baguette. It was to die for - both in presentation and taste!. He made a side of baked sweet potatoes topped with a brown sugar/orange/cinnamon/allspice glaze. So good! It really was amazing and so thoughtful of him to do that for me!
I'm so happy to be married to my best friend. Even though we didn't go anywhere exotic, we have so much fun just being together. As I was thinking through my day last night, I realized my favorite parts were our walk together, eating dinner together, and watching a funny movie together. He makes my life so great!
P. S. Tonight he's made me an orange chocolate fondant!
6 comments:
ho-ly cow! that all looks and sounds wonderful. way to go brad!
glad you got to get spoiled maryanne! good luck with the two kiddos.
I'm pretty sure I just got all misty eyed reading your post, is that lame?! Seriously though, so sweet. good man Brad, good man.
Jonathan is wondering why I never make him cornish game hens.
Wow! Way to go Brad! Those meals sound divine.
Brad and MaryAnne,
Congrats on the arrival of your new baby!
We have been in touch with your Mom this past week getting updates on Grandpa Hatch Brad. She mentioned today that she was flying out to New York to visit your family and My daughter Michelle mentioned you had a blog and sent me the link.
I remember talking to you on the phone when you were a baby Brad when I was getting ready to join the family.
It has been so joyful to watch you grow up and now you have a lovely family of your own!
Thanks for sharing your life on the web...
Love,
Aunt Jenny in Colorado
Brad is SOOO cute! I love it! Delicious food and quality time is what it's all about!
Post a Comment