Saturday, October 15, 2011

"Unslumping yourself is not easily done"

Today is a slump day. Not terrible, but I've just been a little off. I decided to help James work on sleeping through the night last night. Ha! As a result, we both had a much worse night and are (unsurprisingly) cranky.

But I'm trying to CHOOSE to not be in a slump anymore today, and my first step in the unslumping process is to post some recent photos of my super cute kids (mostly to remind myself that they really are super cute and for the grandmas).

When I tried to take a picture today for the "Just James" post of just James, Annie was not thrilled and wanted to be in some too. So I took some of them together and some of Annie. In the one together, she was really trying to help clap and simultaneously put her arm around him. It was pretty sweet.

In this one she is holding up the zero puzzle piece. She's recently become interested in numbers and letters. Her favorite number is 0 and letter is M.

The bun picture is because she is in a phase where she wants to (insists on) doing EVERYTHING just like somebody else. Sometimes it's big James, sometimes it's little James, and today it was Grace. She saw a picture of her cousin with a bun about a month ago and all of the sudden today there was no other option for a hair-do. I didn't think it would turn out as cute as it did. I was pretty pleased.

Here are a few shots of her with some of her favorite friends - Ruth, Bryce, and James. The muddy ones are right in front of our house (aren't you all jealous you don't have mud puddles literally feet from your front door?), and the pumpkin one is at Powers Market. It was so sunny that day. We got the yummiest pumpkin muffins ever pretty soon after the picture was taken.

For the record, I do know that I have a FANTASTIC life. Also, does anyone know what Dr. Seuss book the title of the post comes from? Bonus points for you if you do. Annie and I read it today.

4 comments:

Laura Tanner said...

I think the bun turned out great!

Ashley said...

Love the bun, and the cute kids! I know how you feel about the slump... seeing as how thursday was that kind of day for me. I dont know the book, I am so ashamed. I want to say "Oh the Places You'll Go" but I dont think that is right.

Celeste said...

I was also going to vote "Oh the Places You'll Go" as well...?
Also, I saw you yesterday; the fact that your hair looks great on your slump day means that you still have something goin' for ya. My hair is the first thing to go.

kim huish said...

Hi MaryAnne! I know I'm a little behind but I just saw your "help wanted" post below. I am totally in the same boat as you (which it is always nice for me to realize that other moms are struggling with their kids too!). After a really frustrating Sunday at church, I came home and bought "The Happiest Toddler on the Block" by Harvey Karp. I have found it to be really helpful and whenever Benton and I are struggling, I pull it out and skim through it again. Hope this helps. Good luck!