Saturday, February 5, 2011

Foosball Champ

News flash: I happen to be married to the 2nd best foosball player in the Rochester, NY stake. I never imagined I could feel so proud of my husband! ;)

Apparently there is a long-standing in tradition in our stake of having a foosball tournament at the stake center the Saturday before the superbowl. Lest you think this is a just-for-fun event, let me explain a few of the details. They bring in 3 tables. One man brings a level to make sure every table is perfectly level. This same man also brings silicon spray to grease the rods. They have several brackets. It's a major event.

I guess the med school has a foosball table that Brad has spent most class breaks at for the last few months. He was already a good foosball player before he discovered this table, but he's gotten even better. Lucky he has been able to gear up for this competition. The one person Brad lost to all day is the man with the levels and silicon spray; he's won this competition for the last several years. Maybe after three more years of med school (and associated class breaks), he'll be able to beat the reigning champ.

1 comment:

eden said...

i'm glad that med school education isn't going to waste.