Monday, January 24, 2011

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

I feel that in Annie's current stage of life I either think she is the cutest thing on the planet or a terror. Tonight I thought she was the cutest thing on the planet. She spent most of dinner singing Happy Birthday to all of us, telling us about how yummy the pizza was, or just smiling a HUGE smile at us.

I adore the moments that she's playful! She's getting so fun! She loves to talk in full sentences. Here are a couple of quick examples. The other day we dropped Brad off at school, and on our way home, at about 8:00 am, from the back of the car she all of the sudden said, "Mommy, I need chocolate!" I couldn't agree more. I always need chocolate in the morning. And then yesterday before church she put on one of my hats, slung my purse over her shoulder and pranced by us saying, "Bye Mommy. Bye Daddy. I go store." I love it! She was so proper about the whole thing.

Last night, however, she was a terror. We've recently switched to the 1:00 block for church, and it's a disaster. She normally sleeps every day from almost precisely 1:00 until 3:00. On the way home from church (at 4:00) she cried and cried. We put her to bed promptly, but had to wake her up before she was ready so that she'd sleep later. She refused to eat almost everything we offered at dinner. She'd beg for something and then when we'd do it for her/give it to her, she would reject it (often by throwing it) and ask for the opposite. We finally had her in a happy place by about 7:30 - just 30 minutes before bedtime.

No comments: