Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sharing, sharing that's the thing to do . . .

I just read a cousin's blog about her 10 month old and it made me want to remember what Annie was doing at that stage. Unfortunately, I read that she had just entered a selfish stage wherein she felt the need to take other children's toys. My sister warned me then that it would get worse. Guess what? Turns out she was prophetic (or a mother of five). Bummer. I always hoped my child would be the one who shared naturally.

Luckily, there's hope . . . There are some children (generally older ones, but at least one who is her age) with whom she doesn't mind sharing. Maybe in another 10 months she'll be really good at sharing. Here's hoping!

(Note: The rest of this post is for my memory, so I know some of the things I love about Annie at 20 months.)

Besides being a little selfish (and doctors say that is a normal and good developmental stage) and hitting a little bit, Annie is a total joy. She is getting really good at making short sentences. The other day I asked if she would like to get some applesauce with me. To which she replied, "I'd love to." Generally her sentences are more along the lines of "Daddy blow tummy" or "Grandma horses up and down" (from when she went with Grandma to the museum and rode on the carousel). She's beginning to assert her independence in little ways, such as walking down the stairs all by herself. (She praises herself for this feat by exclaiming, "Wow! Big girl!") She is great at matching shapes to other shapes. She counts 1, 2, 3, 5. Counting is one of her favorite activities. She is super social! She remembers other little kids' names really well and likes to tell me about them. She is still obsessed with owies (hers and anybody else's), but kisses always make them better. She's pretty good at knowing colors. There are still a few that she has a hard time with, but she's getting better and better at them. She loves to run "fast", which is not very fast at all. She's almost always reverent during prayers - folding her arms, being quiet, and saying amen. In general she is a super pleasant little girl to be around. Brad and I adore her!

No comments: