We have been excited to discover what a beautiful area of the country we live in. We're especially enjoying all the fall colors right now. They are gorgeous! We went to an area called Watkins Glen today. It was so pretty! To get there we drove along Seneca Lake (one of the finger lakes) for about 40 miles. Watkins Glen is a hike along (one of?) the river(s) that empties into the lake. It comes down a gorge, creating stunning waterfalls the whole way.
Brad was a trooper and carried Annie (just in his arms) the whole way. I was so grateful not to have to take a turn. These days I get winded carrying her up our small staircase. Annie loved it and spent most of the hike saying "hi" to the "wawa". It was quite cold, but she was really good the whole time. Unfortunately we couldn't get her to smile in the pictures that well, so know that she was much happier than she looks.
On my birthday (so a while back, I haven't been the greatest blogger), we went to another really fantastic state park called Letchworth. We went with our friends Jenna, Brett, and Bryce. Brett is a first year med student with Brad, so Jenna and I have bonded during the times our husbands are gone. Annie ADORES Bryce. She yells his name in excitement quite frequently. Unfortunately we got too busy taking each other's pictures to realize we didn't get one of the six of us.
2 comments:
thank you for posting pictures! I love Annie's cute pigtails! She is getting so big. It looks so pretty there, and so chilly!!!
Looks like a lot of fun!! And a late congrats on having a boy! Hooray for baby James!
Post a Comment