Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Small Moment

I hear a lot about the small moments of mothering, but I'm not always good about recording those moments. But I don't want to forget what happened today. I promised Annie that I'd give her an orange when we got home from the farmers' market. I dutifully peeled it seconds after we walked in the door. I broke it into slices and set them on her high chair. Just as I reached for her to put her in, she folded her arms and said, "Prayer". She's been good at folding her arms and saying "amen" to most prayers for a while, but it was really tender to me that she is learning that we don't eat unless we've thanked Heavenly Father first. I've noticed a lot of physical and cognitive developments in her lately, so I was thrilled to see this spiritual development as well.

3 comments:

Megan Young said...

That is so cute!! Now I want to make sure I'm telling Hadley to pray before he eats, too!

Elizabeth said...

Oh Mares, that is sooooo cute! I adore that girl! Muah. :)

Laura said...

Very sweet. I've noticed over the past week or two with Grace when we say prayers before bed she goes to sleep much easier than she does at nap time when we don't pray. I like to think it's the power of prayer. :-)