I haven't updated our blog in a long time and we've had some fairly major events happen, so I thought I'd post a quick synopsis.
1. Brad's been accepted to a few more medical schools and we are thinking that we will probably be moving to Rochester, NY for med school. He also had a great interview at Duke, so if he gets accepted there, we may reconsider. However, Duke doesn't let anyone know until March and even if he gets in there, we'll have to pray about it. So for now, we are getting SUPER excited about Upstate New York.

2. Annie had her first Halloween. She was the cutest flower anyone had ever seen. Brad and I were Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. This picture doesn't show off quite how much we looked like the characters, but the in the picture that did showcase the costumes Annie is looking off in the distance.
3. I presented at my first conference. The American Public Health Association held its annual conference in Philadelphia this year, so Brad, Annie, and I trekked across the country to the city of brotherly love. It was a fantastically fun trip. Annie was a peach on the airplane (slept almost the whole time of every flight) and at the conference. We bonded with my cohort, all of whom I love so much. And we caught up with a couple of friends that we hadn't seen in a really long time. I sort of laughed after the poster presentation because I only talked to one person about our work. Presenting at conferences and publishing papers are the sorts of things that pad resumes for future applications and yet it was not really a big deal. We tend to spend a lot of time padding our resumes and it seems like those things are in no way the most important things in life. But there's no spot on the resume to put that you spent time with your family or friends.
4. I passed my defense!!! I know I'm not going to fail my classes this semester, which means I really will graduate with my masters degree in December! Brad and I are both SO excited! Annie would be too if she could understand that it meant she'll get more bonding time with me.
Life has been really good and really busy and will probably continue to be that way through the end of the semester, so forgive me if I don't post again anytime too soon.
6 comments:
those are all fantastic things! congratulations on all of them. a thesis defense has suddenly become more real than the vague references I always had for it, which makes this all the more impressive.
CONGRATULATIONS! I totally agree with you about the padding the resume thing... too bad I cant write on mine, "survived marriage in 3 states, with no money, and 2 full time school schedules", ugh there has to be an easier way to get a job... or really just a way to get a job.
I missed seeing Annie on Tuesday, and you guys too. I'm glad everything is going so well!
Thanks soo much for the post and pictures. Congrats to all 3 of you. Jeremy and I are a bit bummed that we won't get to have you in San Antonio, but are soo excited for your new adventure. We are soo proud of you both and all you have accomplished. Annie IS the most beautiful flower ever. Enjoy your time together and keep posting when you get a chance. We miss you guys and send many many many more blessings your way. xoxo
Congratulations! I wish I'd gotten to see you in Philly!
Rochester huh? I visited my sister there twice while her husband got his Phd there. It's gorgeously green, but I hope your not too attached to sunshine...
Congrats on everything! What an exciting and achievement filled life you live!
Post a Comment