James' birthday was this past week and it was fantastic! We celebrated (with food) all day long. I can't get enough of this boy. Brad is always claiming I have a soft spot for our little ginger and I think it just may be true.
Here are a few things I love about James. He loves to play any sort of game. I can get him to do just about anything if I try to turn it into a game. This can be slightly problematic when he runs away from me at a store or a parking lot because if I run after him, he laughs and keeps running. Me chasing him is his dream come true. He also loves to play card games and board games with our family. It's pretty cute to see him taking after his daddy that way. He still loves balls and anything to do with swords, guns, arrows, etc. The kids have been watching a lot of Robin Hood lately and he totally gravitates to that character. When he's focused, his aim can be pretty good. He's fairly coordinated, so I hope he'll get lots of chances to put that love of balls to good use. He is a smart little thing. Unbeknownst to me, he learned all his lower case letters (Super Why??). I got out a game to try to teach him and he knew almost all of them already. It was a great surprise. He has a great vocabulary so long as you know how to understand him. :) My favorite thing about James is how intensely he loves. It just comes bursting out of him! Frequently, he'll look at me beaming and say, "I LOVE you, Mom!" He can't talk about doing anything or sing any song without including every member of our family by name in the plans. His world revolves around Annie. He fights with her of course, but EVERYTHING is better if she is doing it as well. Yesterday when Annie was at preschool James did something well and I praised him for it and he was so pleased and then burst out, "And Annie!" It didn't even make total sense, but he knew that if there was something great, he wanted Annie to be a part of it. I love this little jumping bean (he never sits still)!!!!
In other news, Brad recently was inducted into AOA, the medical honor society. It's only given to the top 16 students in the class, so I was a pretty proud little wifey. Brad has worked really hard and done really well, and I'm very grateful for that! His mom was able to come out for the ceremony, which was great. We all loved having her here - she's an amazing woman! We also submitted our rank list at the end of February. It was tricky to take into account all of our preferences and desires, but I think in the end we came up with a pretty good list and I feel like we'll like the place we match. We find out on March 21 where that will be!!!
Kate continues to be the perfect baby. She is very nearly always happy. We couldn't be more thrilled with her. And Annie is in a great place right now too, but I'm hoping I'll blog again near her birthday to talk more about how wonderful she is.
Law Reunion
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment