Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New Duds

I am loving my new PINK shoes! Brad needed some new dress shoes for 3rd year rotations, so we went to Macy's and picked out some very comfortable shoes for him. We got them on sale and I felt great about the purchase. However, as soon as we walked out the door, he said, "I'm going home to find these cheaper online." I teased him about it a little because I felt like we'd already made a good purchase. However, I am laughing no longer. He went home and found that Famous Footwear not only had them for $20 cheaper, they were also having a buy one, get one half off. So for $5 more than the original pair of shoes, we both got a new duds.

I've got to say one of the best things about being married to Brad is that he is always looking for little (or big) ways spoil me. He won a $10 gift card from Amazon and his first question was, "What do YOU want?" His first thought when he found that he could get the shoes for cheaper was, "What running shoes do they have for MaryAnne?" When we were in Utah, he took me on a date and wouldn't tell me where we were going. We went to City Creek and he told me he wanted to get me a new outfit because he didn't feel like I'd had new clothes in a long time. I've just given a lot of examples of clothes, but he does it in other ways too. Like when he came home from work early to be with me and the kids instead of studying because we'd had a long couple of weeks before that. He's the best - I'm one lucky woman!

No comments: