Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Graduation . . . but not the kind that leads to a job

We hosted our final Joy School today, which mean it was Joy School graduation. I was in charge of this class and I feel like it turned out really fun. Thanks to Emily for the great ideas. I had the kids all wear one of their dad's white church shirts backwards, and then I made each of them their own mortarboard with a brass brad and yarn for a tassel. For our craft today we made fruit loop leis. They were all decked out and they looked SO cute! They paraded down the stairs to Pomp and Circumstance and then sang some of their favorite Joy School songs. Afterwards we all had brownies.

I really have come to love all the kids that do Joy School with Annie. They are really good kids, and I'm happy she's friends with them. I feel bad I didn't get a better picture of all of them. I was trying to lead the songs at the same time I was taking pictures.



 

1 comment: