Thursday, August 12, 2010

Arrived

So this isn't going to be super newsy, but suffice it to say we've arrived in Rochester, we're safe, and we're happy. Annie was super stoked (that word has entered my vocabulary as a result of being married to Brad) once we got her room set up - she bounded all over, playing with all her toys, jumping in her crib, dancing to the clavinova songs, etc. Brad and I are also adjusting to the move pretty well. Our ward is fantastic thus far - we've been invited over for several dinners, had multiple treats given to us, been shown the fun places to go, etc. And we just found out tonight that there is a men's book club. Love that! They are reading Heart of Darkness this month. :) I'm so pleased that it's not just the women in this ward that are taking the time to be more well-read. Also, to everyone who ever warned me how cold I would be when I moved to Rochester - how wrong you were. I'm DYING in this heat and humidity. It's been in the high 80's and 90's this week and high humidity. We have no working AC, so I'm constantly looking for excuses to visit our local library and Walmart. Lucky for me, we're nearing the end of the summer and it will cool down considerably soon. I'll put up pictures once I take some. :)

5 comments:

Megan Young said...

That's great to hear MaryAnne!well, all but the heat and humidity part! Can't wait to see pictures!

Ashley said...

so glad you made it! and fyi you are not dying of heat in rochester it has been 109 for weeks here, yes you read that correctly weeks!

Bobbie said...

So glad you have arrived. We miss you here. Yesterday Claire disappeared for a while and I thought she was down with you! Then I remembered . . . Sad! Love you guys!

Brooke S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke S. said...

We just got to DC and I can't believe the humidity either! I've never been in a sticky place before - it will take some getting used to. Good luck settling in.