Kristy (my friend and former mission companion who invited me) works at the Church Office Building, so I picked her up there at 5:50. We had to get to the game an hour early because we were invited to eat AMAZING food in the Lexus room beforehand. She hadn't driven to work that day, so we took my 1997 RAV to the game. It was so funny to pull into this parking lot full of BMWs, Range Rovers, etc. I parked near the back so as not to offend any of the nicer cars. :) I'm in the habit of taking the important things out of my wallet if I'm going to leave it in the car. I got chuckling as I took my credit card out because I thought to myself, "If I were going to rob a car in this parking lot, it would not be the RAV with a carseat."
Everywhere we went people saw our (laminated) tickets and treated us like royalty. At dinner the server looked at our tickets and said, "Oh, you're in the seats that get drinks after the 1st and 3rd quarters. What would you like?" We realized after we sat down at our dinner table that we'd missed the coat rack, so we went to hang our coats up and cracked up. Our coats were red and green; everyone else's were varying shades of gray and tan. A little gauche, but what can you do? I thought our coats were the cutest.
We got to walk across the floor, right in front of the players' seats to get to our seats. Our seats had little candy dishes in front of them. They gave us free t-shirts. The seats were super comfortable. The whole atmosphere was so cool! It was so much fun to do. Once.
I came home having loved the experience, but also really glad that it is a once in a life time experience. It makes me appreciate it that much more. I'm glad that I live a normal life. I'm actually sort of glad that I don't have enough money to buy $1200 season tickets to the Jazz. I don't want to be waited on hand and foot my whole life.
However, all that said, it was an amazing night! And I'm so glad I got to do it. Once. Thanks Kristy!!!
3 comments:
Woah, that's totally awesome! Neat experience!
Sounds like a great time. I have to agree with you that i'm so thankful for my "plain, ordinary" life. Treats are nice and i'm glad you two had such a wonderful experience. Hope your hubby and sweet little girl are doing well also. Take care. xoxo
Garrett would have died.
Post a Comment