Tuesday, February 16, 2010

11 months old

So I've got a sister-in-law who faithfully records what my niece can do at each month marker. I have not done that, but I thought I might as well start doing it at 11 months (and probably stop at a year) because Annie has been so stinkin' cute recently. I don't know if it's because I now spend more time with her or if she is just in such a fun phase. But whatever the reason, I am totally enamored with my little girl and I really don't want to forget how fun she is right now.

She's learning all sorts of new things. She's really good at figuring out games and then wanting to play them. She does peek-a-boo where she puts the blanket over her own head and then pulls it down. If I say, "Is it Mommy's binky?" She pulls her pacifier out of her mouth and gives it to me and then puts it back in her mouth when I say, "No, it's Annie's binky." She just learned how to roll a ball back and forth. She LOVES to click her own tongue or have someone else click their tongue at her. She loves to explore around our apartment. It cracks me up because I'm always finding her behind/under furniture. Her method of transportation is still an army crawl/roll. It doesn't look very advanced, but she can always get exactly where she wants to go. She is very good at pulling herself to a standing position in her crib and on the bench at church. This means she never goes back to sleep if she's crying in her crib and that she makes friends with everyone sitting behind us at church. She loves reading books (not all books, just her favorites). She is still obsessed with both her grandmas - she's a grandmas' girl through and through. Lately though she's become more of a daddy's girl. We always are grateful that this is the daughter we named after her grandmas. She finally has enough hair to do a little tiny pony tail. I'm obsessed with how cute it looks. Can you tell I just adore this little girl?






5 comments:

Brea Didenhover Squires said...

She is so stinkin' cute! Bring her around campus more often (and by campus I mean the dungeon in the SFH where I am)...I need my Annie fix!

Unknown said...

you should adore her.....she is precious. she has really grown. we are so happy for your beautiful family. i can only imagine how much fun it has been watching her grow and will continue to blossom into a beautiful little girl. she has wonderful parents to guide her on her way. thanks for the pictures....she is beautiful. hope yall are doing well. xoxo

Laura said...

I'm glad I inspired you to write about her 11 month accomplishments. :-) So fun to see you yesterday!

McGuire's said...

She is so stinkin cute! I think she looks so much like you MaryAnne. love the pictures.

PatrickandErica said...

She looks & sounds so fun! I need to meet her!