Sunday, August 9, 2009

Vacations and Such

My sister's friend emailed her the other day and said, "You haven't blogged in a long time. That can mean one of two things: You are VERY busy or you're pregnant". I'm not pregnant, so you can all conclude that I'm busy.

We've been having lots of fun over the last few weeks. We had a big Hunter reunion in Bear Lake during the 3rd week of July. Brad's family owns property up there, so we go up a few times every summer. We love it there - it's beautiful! His family owns some waverunners that they leave up there, so our trips to Bear Lake are always really fun. I was sort of nervous for this trip though because we've never camped since we had Annie. My fears were relieved when we found out that since it was a large Hunter reunion Grandma and Grandpa Hunter had booked theLaketown Lodge for us for the week. It was SO nice - it had a theater in the basement, tons of games, and a big kitchen. We had a great time relaxing by the lake and at the lodge.

Right after we got home from Bear Lake we packed up and went to Glacier with the Winder side of my family. My family goes to Glacier every couple of years. It really is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It's on the border of Montana and Canada. We left, in true Winder fashion, by five am. Annie was a champ on both of the 11 hour car trips. She slept until about 10 each time and was mostly pleasant the rest of the drive.

My Grandpa Winder loves to hike and he instilled that in his children and grandchildren, so when we vacation that's what we do. We stayed in rustic cabins right on the shore of Lake McDonaldand then hiked almost every day. Annie did pretty well in the Baby Bjorn, all things considered.

We loved every minute of both trips!

The last picture is of Annie and her cousin Grace who is almost the exact same age. My sister-in-law came down to pick blackberries the other day and we made blackberry jam. There is something so satisfying to me about eating jam that I made. Maybe if I were more domestic I would feel that satisfaction a little more frequently . . .











5 comments:

Ashley said...

First off, your duaghter is so cute, and so big! I cant believe it, she was so little when we left. Second, what do you mean if you were more domestic... please maryanne, you are domestic (yes I did roll my eyes as i typed this)

Anonymous said...

MaryAnne-
I'm so glad you commented on my blog! It was good to hear from you.
Annie is darling...she is lucky to have you as a mother.
Jealous you were in Glacier...looks gorgeous!

And...perhaps dragons are misunderstood.
Nicole

ashmae said...

maryanne, I've been telling carl about glacier national park for months now, even in great detail, until the other day at church, as we were talking to elizabeth, it was revealed that I'd never actually been there and was relying exclusively on your descriptions and information to convince carl to take me there. pretty convincing.

Mark said...

Glacier looks amazing!

Unknown said...

the pics are amazing.....annie is so beautiful. glad yall had a fun time.