Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day . . . Whose day is it anyway?



(I should mention at the beginning that this is a cheesy post!)
This Father's Day I have been feeling so grateful for the wonderful men in my life! We got to celebrate with my dad and brothers last night, my grandpa this afternoon, and Brad's dad this evening. I love them all so much! They have all had such a positive influence on me.
When I got home from getting Brad some last minute gummies for Father's Day, I found a spotless house and a gift from Brad on the floor for me. I was astounded. Not too many women have husbands who will do that, particularly on a day when we are supposed to be celebrating them. I called my mom on the way to tell her about what Brad had done for me, she asked, "Whose day is it anyway?"
But Brad isn't just good to me on holidays. I am in the middle of my internship for my for masters program. (I love it - I am working on a study for the state's early intervention program about autism screeners.) This requires me to work full time, which means that Brad has taken on the role of full-time father. He does a wonderful job with this! It makes me so happy to see the close relationship he is developing with Annie. Despite being busy taking care of Annie, he still found time to apply to medical school (no small feat - he applied to 24 schools), take a course for his masters degree, and research for the Utah Labor Comission. He is amazing! I love him!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy Father's Day! Sorry we didn't get a picture of the girls in their matching dresses.