Sunday, August 19, 2012

Happy 5th Anniversary to Us!

Happy Anniversary to my best friend! It's hard for me to believe we've been married 5 years! We've had so many great experiences over those years. I really do feel SO lucky to have Brad - I couldn't ask for a better husband! I love him!!!

We had a great day! Amid much studying we fit in a 10-mile run, a bike ride to Schoen Place (thanks to the Christensens and Sheffields for the gear) where we ate lunch at Aladdin's and fed the ducks, a s'more party, and a dinner at Applebee's. I've wanted to bike that trail since we moved here two years ago, so I was really glad to check that off my list. It was especially nice for me because I made Brad take the trailer with the kids, diaper bag and camera. The ride was so picturesque and pleasant, and we really did go "15 miles on the Erie Canal". The kids enjoyed the ride on the way there, but we were pretty cranky on the way back. Aladdin's was fantastic, as always. 

The s'more party was a Whipple Park extravaganza and it was great! The kids LOVED them some s'mores (see picture below). 

Applebee's was probably the worst food I've ever had a restaurant. It was so bad it was comical. A week or two ago, Brad took a survey for 3rd year med students and received a $20 gift card to Applebee's as compensation. We thought our anniversary would be a great way to use it. Let's just say I have never voluntarily given up half way through my food at a restaurant and not wanted a doggy bag. I left half of the toughest steak ever uneaten on my plate. Brad's meal was no better. Oh well - at least it was free. :) In all reality it totally makes me laugh - we'll never forget this anniversary dinner. 

It's been the best 5 years of my life! Here's to many, many more!






1 comment:

Laura Tanner said...

Happy Anniversary! That means ours is coming up. To celebrate we'll be enjoying the sights and sounds of Sao Paulo. I had a horrible experience last time I went to an Applebee's. Now I'm convinced never to go again!