We swap with our friends for temple trips and we watched the kids on Saturday. I thought sidewalk chalk would be a fun activity. They wanted to water to make the chalk "creamy" (not a bad description, given the way it looked). But somehow that digressed to "blueberry hands". They thought they were so funny. And maybe they were.
Last night, we had black bean soup. I had a bowl for James that I was carefully feeding him, but I got distracted because I was getting cookies ready for Brad's pack meeting. And in the middle of that I burned my finger on a hot chocolate chip (unfortunately, I wasn't even getting a taste of it when I did this). And I feel like Annie may have been refusing to go potty at the same time. In any case, when I finally came back to the table to finish feeding James and eating myself, this is what I found. Love it!
It was the perfect comic relief I needed at just such a moment. After he'd grabbed as much as he could with his hands, he decided the best way to get at the rest was to put the bowl on his face. Awesome!
In other news, James has been taking baby steps for a couple of weeks now. He still doesn't do it all that often and is not that steady, but he has taken several steps.
2 comments:
Yay for messes!!! I think Charlotte may want your recipe! :)
What a good boy! Thomas picks all the healthy things out of the foods we give him, so I'm impressed that he ate the soup. I can almost remember the dream I had that you were in. I think we were back in college. I'm thinking of you even in my subconscious!
Post a Comment