I just got back from running to Wegman's to pick up something to teach Joy School tomorrow. On the way home, I heard one of my favorite songs on the radio. I turned it up and BELTED it. It felt SO good! It made me feel so nostalgic to be a teenager again. I loved the freedom of listening to something just for me. Singing loudly and immaturely. Not that I want all the teenage drama, but I miss that feeling of thinking you are so independent and responsible, when really you are simply selfish. Only you don't think of it like that, so it's not as bad. You take care of your little space in the house, but no one else's. You make a meal or two a day, albeit one that requires simply pouring cereal in a bowl. You maybe do your own laundry, but you don't have to run to the store if the detergent runs out. You don't stock the shelves with food in your house. I don't think a lot of the daily tasks of being a mom are that difficult, but it is hard to always be the one responsible. You are responsible from the moment kids wake up for three meals a day for everyone, for clothes for everyone, for bathroom needs for everyone. And those are just the physical needs.
Being responsible is good, (and children are WONDERFUL, my children in particular) and I wouldn't really go back, but it was great to have a moment to myself tonight to blast the radio.
3 comments:
So true. You're cute MaryAnne!
Oh so true, so what was the song?
Was it "put the pickle down uncle john"? Aw, wipe a tear, good times ;)
Post a Comment