Raising a boy is quite different than raising a girl. I don't remember Annie always having some kind of bump or bruise on her face, but poor James can't seem to heal completely before another one comes his way (or maybe he comes its way). The injury pictured below came when he face planted on to the cement step in front of one of our neighbor's doors. Then yesterday I noticed a scratch by his chin that I don't know how he got. Today I was in the basement cleaning up the glass jar that he'd broken and subsequently cut his lip on, when I heard him screaming. I went upstairs and he was hanging precariously from the shoe rack on our stairs. The cut lip scared me because he hadn't made a peep when he broke the glass, so I whisked him upstairs and was getting the vacuum out when I turned around to see blood gushing from his mouth. Yesterday he followed me into the bathroom while I showered. He usually just stands there looking mournful about the fact that I'm not holding him, but when I closed my eyes to rinse out the shampoo, I thought, "That whimper sounds too close for comfort" and sure enough, he had fallen in (fully clothed) and was almost doing a handstand in the tub. It was pretty funny. I love my gentle, albeit slightly accident prone, James!
James is never happier than when he is eating. He definitely eats more than Annie does. I have yet to see him reject a food (besides rice cereal). Just last night we gave him red peppers and he loved them.
This has nothing to do with this post, but it's a cute picture of Annie and her friend Ruth having a picnic the other day.
1 comment:
MIchael rejected rice cereal too! I hope we are so accident prone at our house, but James is sure adorable! I cant believe how red his hair is!
Post a Comment