Friday, December 9, 2011

What happens when I leave them alone for 2 minutes

I've been absent from the blogging world partly because I haven't taken pictures at any of the fun events we've attended recently and partly because when I leave either of my kids to their own devices, they "make mischief of one kind or another".

Exhibit A:

I was quickly finishing up dinner when I heard little happy sighs coming from James. I rounded the corner and was met with this sight. (I love how totally he pleased he is with himself in the first and how cute he is in the second. I love this little boy!)
For the record, and despite James' happy demeanor, blueberry-flavored craisins are NASTY.

Exhibit B:

After my first week of teaching Joy School to Annie and FIVE of her friends (two and a half hours of 6 two- and three-year olds at my house, complete with FOUR kids working on potty training), we had a meeting with all the moms to assess how things were going. We mistakenly let the older kids go outside, so then we had to let the little ones go out too. At the end of our meeting we found Annie and William sitting, totally stuck, in a giant puddle of mud. Fittingly, one of Annie's very favorite books right now is Stuck in the Mud. Love this girl! I feel like we are finally turning a corner with her. She still has tantrums, but they don't seem to consume our lives like they have for the last several months. She's mastering her emotions a lot better now. The other day she was really mad at me for not letting her take James' apple out of his mouth and eat it. I told her she couldn't and I would get her some grapes. She yelled, "NOOO! I DON'T WANT GRAPES!!!" Then she paused and said, "Actually, I do." Love it. It made me laugh so hard.

2 comments:

Kim said...

These are cute. I totally feel like Benton has turned a corner too and I am so glad! I don't know if it is the new book I read (1,2,3 Magic), a new attitude on my part or just answered prayers but I definitely feel like things are going a little more smoothly. Huge sigh of relief. Let's just hope it continues!

Laura said...

You are brave doing Joy School with the girls. We have 6 girls for playgroup once every 5 weeks. I make no attempt to teach them anything (except not whacking each other over the head with toys) and it still feels so hard. Good luck!