Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Darn Volcano

This . . . might make me miss this . . .
My family was all set to take a sans enfants trip to the UK on Friday. We have all been SO excited about it for months. Now a volcano in Iceland may prevent it. I'm so bummed.

When I was having my own little pity party, Brad reminded me that we weren't really the worst off in this situation. All of England will soon be out of produce. Many people's livelihoods depend on getting in and out of London. The airlines are losing millions daily. It's a huge international crisis. I guess I need to be grateful that the only thing I might lose is a vacation.

3 comments:

Chillygator said...

Maybe if you suggest going over via cruise ship?

Darn Brad and being practical.

Ashley said...

not all flights were grounded today, i bet you will still get to go!

The Reichmans said...

yay for being able to go to London today! I hope you guys have a fabulous trip. So I just read your book post-sorry I am a little behind. I read percy jackson and I really liked them and was also very sucked in. Have you ever read "the help" or the book thief? Also I have the hunger games if you want to borrow those. I hope with all my heart you have read the guersney potatoe peel pie society book-you would love it.